BUDGET VOTE AND TRUSTEE ELECTION
MAY 16, 2017
7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
AMITYVILLE MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL
NORTHEAST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
In order to vote, you must be:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Been a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the vote
- Been registered to vote in the general elections or have been registered to vote in the school district
- Forms are available at the District Office
- If you are unsure if you are registered, you may call the Board of Elections in your County
Both counties have a link on their website where you can check if you are registered.
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS
Qualified voters are eligible to vote by absentee ballot when:
1) Absent from the district when polls are open due to business, occupation, or studies
2) Has physical disability or illness
3) Absent due to vacation - includes retirees
4) Confined in a hospital or jail
Absentee Ballot Applications are available from the District Clerk or by clicking on the link below. Completed applications may be mailed or dropped off to the District Clerk, 150 Park Avenue, Amityville, NY 11701. The last day to apply for an Absentee Ballot, if the ballot is to be mailed, is May 9, 2017 (before 4:00 p.m.) If the ballot is to be picked up by the voter, the last day is May 15, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Anyone can pick up applications but the Absentee Ballot will only be mailed to or handed to the voter.
All Absentee Ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 to be included in the vote.
Click here for the Absentee Ballot Application